Albuquerque Sexual Assault Nurse Examiners Collaborative (SANE) is hiring an Executive Director who has the education, experience, and skills to lead a community non-profit serving victims of interpersonal violence. Albuquerque SANE empowers survivors of sexual assault and domestic violence and this meaningful work requires a steadfast leader committed to making our community safer.
- Knowledge and experience in the following areas: budget and financial management, grant writing, management, community collaboration, fundraising, and public speaking.
- A desire and commitment to work collaboratively with government and other community organizations.
- Knowledge of the medical field is preferred.
- A bachelor’s degree and a minimum of five years of related experienced is required.
The SANE Director reports to the SANE Board of Directors. The position is 30 hours per week with occasional evening/weekend events. SANE offers a benefits package that includes paid time off, holiday pay, a health insurance subsidy, and flexible working hours. Salary range: $37,500 – $56,250 based on experience. Anticipated start date is November of 2018. Applicants should submit a cover letter, current résumé, and three professional references to email@example.com no later than August 10, 2018.
Forensic Nurse Examiner
The Forensic Nurse Examiner is specially trained to provide a medical/forensic examination to victims of sexual assault and domestic violence. The sexual assault exam serves two purposes for victims of interpersonal violence. The first and primary purpose for the exam is to meet the medical needs of the patient and assist the individual to move from victim to survivor. The other purpose of the medical/forensic examination is to assist the justice system by properly collecting, handling and preserving evidence from the crime scene, which in these cases are the patients’ bodies. In addition, SANEs are trained to provide testimony in the event the case is heard in the justice system.
Individuals interested in becoming a forensic nurse examiner for the Albuquerque SANE Collaborative will need to meet certain minimum qualifications. Once an individual has been determined to meet the minimum qualifications an interview will be set up with the applicant. Once selected for consideration for employment with Albuquerque SANE, intensive specialized training is required before practicing as a SANE. Those requirements and criteria will be described below.
- Current New Mexico Registered Nurse
- BLS Certified
- Individual or employment-based malpractice insurance (1,000,000/3,000,000)
- 2-3 years minimum RN experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Public Health
- Other nursing experience will be considered on a case-by-case basis
- Ability to respond to pages within 5 minutes and ability to be on-site within 60 minutes of page
- Completion of the NM Statewide SANE didactic training (6 full days)
- Commitment to work for a minimum of one full year for Albuquerque SANE
- Commitment to work a minimum of three 12-hour shifts per month, one of which must be a night shift.
- Availability to work 1 to 2 holidays per calendar year.
- Successful completion of National SANE-A certification within two years of practiceCompletion of Trauma Nurse Course within one year of employment.
Sexual assault nurse examiners (SANE’s) are considered part-time employees of the Albuquerque SANE Collaborative. SANE’s are compensated for each case they work and are not paid hourly. There is no compensation currently for doing on-call shift coverage.
A complete job description, information on compensation and other information can be obtained by contacting the clinical coordinator at (505) 883-8720 or by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.